springbok coach

In an attempt to level the playing fields and assist the Springboks in avoiding an embarrassing home test series loss, the International Rugby Board (IRB) has made an unprecedented decision.

The Springboks suffered a devastating 20 – 26 defeat at the hand of Ireland in the first test at DHL Newlands last Saturday.

This, after the visitors played with 14 men for just less than 60 minutes of the match.

It was new Springbok coach Allister Coetzee’s first match in charge of the Springboks.

“We know Springbok selection is governed by strict quota requirements, so we felt the need to step in and do something to restrict the visiting team too,” said IRB spokesperson Basil Wideball.

Wideball said the IRB had been in discussion with the Irish Rugby Football Union and an amicable agreement had been reached.

Wideball explained, “Ireland will be restricted to 14 men for the first of the second test at Emirate Airlines Park on Saturday.”

Wideball said depending on the score after 40 minutes, Ireland might be forced to remove another player for the second half.

“We don’t have an exact score deficit in mind just yet for the half time decision, but we’ll discuss it with both coaches during the break,” Wideball said.

The Springboks have not lost a test series at home in 19 years and have never lost one to Ireland.

#newsbyrory

If you think I’m funny SMS 53725 to 37303 (R1,50) and you could win a VIP trip to Savanna Comics Choice Awards. Details atĀ www.comicschoice.com.

saps thumb2A South African Police Services warrant officer stationed in Linden, Johannesburg has made a shocking confession to the media.

Riddled with confusion, Warrant Officer Sipesihle ‘Strong Arm’ Jekubeni said he could no longer live with himself and needed to tell someone.

Jekubeni then contacted various members of the media, openly confessing to actually reading a police affidavit before stamping and signing it, and in so doing, confirming its authenticity.

“I have no idea what I was thinking. If I can remember correctly, I think my phone battery was flat and I had nothing else to look at,” he said.

Jekubeni says he felt a cold rush of euphoria as he read details of a misplaced identity document, presented and written by a member of the public on an official SAPS affidavit form on Sunday 8 May 2016.

“I have never ever read any of these things. I just usually stamp and sign. I’m afraid of this information I have now. I want to forget it,” Jekubeni said.

He refused to divulge any of the information on the police affidavit.

The Linden SAPS Station Commander was unavailable for comment.

#newsbyrory #satireĀ 

 

mvokoSABC contributing editor, Vuyo Mvoko was embarrassed on camera in Johannesburg on Tuesday evening.

While preparing to go live, with the cameras rolling, three men – believed to be sent by a corner loan shop shark – enter the shot before a scuffle ensues.

The men unashamedly approach Mvoko while in full view of the camera.

Mvoko, as well as the three men, then disappear from the shot, before two return seconds later, with one holding up an unknown amount of money.

A voice is then heard saying’ “We’ve been mugged. We’ve been mugged. Yes.”

Early reports, however, indicate the three men were sent by a well known Johannesburg loan shop, Kneecap Bash and Carry, to retrieve a debt of R18,70.

A reliable source, who spoke to #newsbyrory on agreement of anonymity, said Mvoko had borrowed the cash earlier that day as he had forgotten his lunch box at home.

The only reporter on the scene was Mvoko.

At the time of writing, Mvoko could not be reached for comment.

#newsbyrory